Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Swather

Here is Gold Forest's swather. At least this is one of the swathers we own. The other is a larger Versatile 18' pull-type swather that I pull with either the 766 or the 3788. This one is the 14' MF swather. Actually it is a piece of crap. It was constantly breaking down on me this fall and I finally had to lift it onto the swather mover to get it off the field. I haven't decided whether to spend more time and money fixing it up or to just cut my losses and move on. Still thinking.

2 comments:

  1. My dad had a MF swather also, and I recently dug up some old photos taken of it broken down in the field... coincidence??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to keep this swather and spend a little money fixing it up. I re-built what I needed to and got it running pretty good. There are still a few nigly things to work out, but I ended up needing it this past fall when my big Versatile 4400 broke down. Good thing I kept the little Massey!

    ReplyDelete