Pages

Sunday, January 08, 2012

spelt waffles

We enjoyed my new Waffle Iron this morning. It was a Christmas gift to me by my wife Cindy. One of those gifts that had my name on it, but wasn't really for me! So, for the first time, I hauled it out and came across this recipe for waffles. The only substitutions I made was our fresh milled Spelt Flour and the Vanilla we purchased on our recent trip to Mexico. It is a clear vanilla, organic and aged...wonderful!

The waffles turned out spectacular! A very successful recipe and a great way to use Gold Forest Spelt Flour!

My camera went missing recently so you'll have to take my word for it that these waffles came out golden brown and perfect! The waffle iron is by Cuisinart as pictured.

3 comments:

  1. Santa's in the waffle-iron business this year because he brought one for us too. Rory's thrilled. I thought it'd be a lot "fussier" than pancakes but it's not. So we're mixing it up--sometimes waffles, sometimes pancakes. We make a lot at once and throw them in the freezer. Then you can just toast them on other mornings. Rory often has waffles or pancakes as a snack and sometimes takes them in his lunch to school. They are definitely an underutilized delicacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...good for you guys. I was surprised how easy it was too. I remember Mom making them once in a while...it was always a very special day when she did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. It has been a long time since I had these and will be doing it again soon.

    ReplyDelete