Here's a new recipe from Tesia for her Gold Forest Grains version of the classic Oatmeal Cookie!
Gold Forest Grains Oatmeal-Flax Cookies
- 1 cup GFG whole grain flour (I used Spelt, but Soft White would also work well)
- 1 ½ cups GFG Traditional Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp GFG Golden Flax
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup honey (I used local honey from Hanneman Honey)
- ¼ cup healthy oil (canola, olive)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 egg (beat with 1 Tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pecans (walnuts or almonds would work well, too)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (because, you know…)
1. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. In a medium, bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the raisins, nuts, and other
additions you like. If the mixture is too wet, add a bit more flour (I wound up adding
an extra 2 Tbsp of flour). If it’s not binding well, you may want to add an egg white.
4. COOL the mixture for 20 minutes in the fridge.
5. Preheat the oven to 335 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls onto your baking sheet (try lining the sheet with
parchment paper for easy clean up). Press down with a fork to ensure even baking.
7. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom of the cookie (mine
were baked nicely at 15 minutes).
8. These freeze well, too!
Makes ~2 ½ dozen cookies